Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In Memoriam

I just wanted to note down here, some of the positive things that have been said to me in the past week from some precious people.

"Although it is no longer, you should give it a name so that you can acknowledge and remember the memory of it. This way you can still send it love wherever it is. It will help you to heal."

"It is better that it goes away now, rather than if it goes away three to six months down the road. The emotional attachment then will make the loss unbearable."

"You need to love yourself in this time. Put yourself first and stop kicking yourself when it is not your fault."

"Stop thinking about things you cannot control."


Loss seems to unite people. Crosses boundaries, race and religious beliefs.

I have now a pretty little Hindi chain of white flowers hanging on my office monitor. I shall refuse to get rid of it until it wilts.

(No this entry is not about Scone. Even though he did pass away and is equally missed by us humans and his brother Bagel.)


- 22 December 2009 4:.38pm -

No comments: